By David Logan
On 07, Jun 2015 | In Game | By David Logan
As producer for Neocrux, we developed the Sci-Fi strategy card game GalaCollider. Set billions of years in the future, in a time when Earth is but a distant memory and our galaxy is in the midst of a multi-million year collision with Andromeda, GalaCollider is a card game, played on an ever-changing starmap. Command your fleet and lead them to triumph with three different ways to win. Modify and adapt your strategy on the fly by researching new cards to put into your deck. Scout your enemies, anticipate their moves, and bluff your way to victory.
GalaCollider is set to launch for PC, Mac, and iPad.
- 4X meets digital card game. GalaCollider fuses the conquest of 4X games with the deckbuilding and drafting elements of digital card games, creating a new genre with the best aspects of each.
- Modify your deck in game. Build your deck and seed your technology pool before each game with your favorite strategies. Then, modify your deck as you play to adapt your deck and beat your opponents.
- Play at your own pace. Optional turn timer allows for either long, calculated matches over several days or for quicker, casual skirmishes that you can play in a single sitting.
- Asymmetrical factions. Conquer the galaxy as the quick, alien Sylith faction or the steadfast, human-descended Coalition, and stand your ground as more factions join the fray post-release.
- Simultaneous turns. Simultaneous turns speed up gameplay and reduce waiting time to a minimum, and makes the game easily scalable for new game modes with many players on the same map.
- Co-author the story. Player interactions, tournament and event outcomes will directly influence the story of GalaCollider and future events.
- Constantly Evolving. As the story unfolds, players will be challenged to play the game in new ways, in constantly changing territories of space. The metagame will stay fresh as your tactics evolve and adapt to the regular releases of new cards, new mechanics, new game modes (various team, co-op, solo modes of play etc.), and new maps that promote different strategies.
- Expandable, NOT collectible. GalaCollider is NOT a collectible card game with random card packs. The type and amount of cards in every set and pack is predetermined and known to players. However you choose to acquire new cards, you’ll know exactly what you’ll receive, letting you deckbuild better for less.