By David Logan
On 31, Mar 2016 | In Game | By David Logan
Puuba: The Metronomicon – Slay the Dance Floor
The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor was released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One August 30th, 2017. Differing from the desktop release, this edition added a co-op feature as well as Endless Mode where the playlist never stops as you battle against enemies.
The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor combines Rhythm and RPG elements and was developed by Puuba and published by Akupara Games. I worked on Producer with both companies during all stages of the project, from development to publishing on PS4 and Xbox One.
In addition to development and publishing, I oversaw the production of a live-action teaser trailer for the console releases, as well as a charity streaming event of our new Endless Mode to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Packing in a full-fledged story mode with a colorful cast of musically-empowered heroes and villains, The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor sees you take control a party of eight new masters of the “rhythmic combat arts” to wage musical warfare against a multitude of dance-mongering fiends. Control up to four concurrent heroes as they cast powerful spells, buff their teammates, and beat down their enemies with a variety of magical loot and groovin’ dance moves. The effectiveness of your team is all in the rhythm so put on your finger-dancing pants, light up dad’s disco ball, and prepare your body for The Metronomicon.
- Unique Rhythm RPG– Slay fearsome beasts to an even fiercer beat in this Western take on the rhythm RPG genre
- A Soundtrack like No Other– A powerful, ear-shattering mix of electronic and indie music featuring renowned artists such as Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an unreleased track from Shiny Toy Guns, along with tracks from YACHT, Perturbator, J-Punch, Dj CUTMAN, and many, many more
- An Epic Quest– Slay the Dance floor features a full-fledged story mode and a multitude of extra features
- Strategy – Improve your characters’ stats, hunt down powerful equipment, and combine a multitude of newly-learned abilities – switching between tanking, healing, buffing, and damage-dealing classes on the fly because it’s dance or die in The Metronomicon
- Endless Replayability– Freeplay mode, ranked side quests, two-player co-op, and a full-on dance battle arena enable you to revisit the game’s awesome soundtrack at your own pace