Night Light: Whispering Willows
With my company Night Light Interactive I produced, directed, and shipped Whispering Willows, the award-winning horror adventure game. It features a dark and rich narrative, lush painterly 2D visuals, and haunting melodies that will leave you yearning for more. The original game was under development for two years thanks to a very successful Kickstarter crowdfunding (130% overfunded) and additional seed financing from OUYA. The game, developed in Unity, is available on PC/Mac/Linux (via Steam), PlayStation 4, Vita, Xbox One, Wii U, iOS, Android, and OUYA.
The emotional story unfolds over a series of chapters, each more intriguing than the last with the gameplay becoming more complex as the player explores deeper into it’s backstory. In the game you play as Elena, a teenager searching for her missing father, exploring a haunted mansion where he used to work as a groundskeeper. Against challenging odds and working through unconventional puzzles you have to help Elena navigate other-worldly obstacles. The game mechanic has a unique cooperative element where Elena must collaborate with an ethereal version of herself in order to escape the rooms and help Earthbound ghosts find their final peace.
- Casual Connect (Indie Prize)– Winner 2014 for “Best Story,” Finalist for “Best Desktop Game” and “Best Art”
- SIGC (Seattle Indie Gaming Competition)– Winner 2014
- OUYA CREATE Game Jam– Winner 2013 for “Most Immersive,” Finalist for “CREATE Grand Prize,” Finalist for “Pop Your Eyes Out” award
- Game Connection Europe– Finalist 2014 for “Storytelling,” “Desktop Downloadable,” and “Casual Game”
- Captivate Conference Game Design Competition – Finalist 2013
- Successful Kickstarter– Earned over $20,000 with 750 backers